Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Homework Week of September 22, 2014

Sorry this post is delayed, I appreciate your patience with me.

Reading: Read 120 minutes before Friday. Read your book report book and begin completing your circles. You may write or draw the details in the triangles of the circles. On the blue sheet I said that I would have the packet on my blog, but unfortunately, I don't know how to scan it in. Maybe I can copy a picture and upload it. If I have time I will try that.

Spelling: All groups have test on Monday! They all did fabulous, every student passed! Way to go!
Blue group: skate, crab, frame, map, shave, rain, hat, bat, sack, snail, leg, grape, plate, grass, chain, game, flag, rake, man, snake

Yellow group: box, rode, road, chose, boat, love, goat, soap, knock, slope, foam, load, whole, one, goal, stop, toad, coat, float, drop, stone

Green group: setting, hiking, reading, floating, cutting, moving, stopping, living, spelling, coming, begging, adding, grinning, having, feeling, jogging, taking, talking, pushing, humming, working, fixing, going, snowing

White group: human, never, reason, river, pilot, visit, meeting, wagon, planet, lemon, frozen, peanut, finish, student, seven, leader, lazy, present, easy, second, music, sneaker, humor, minute

Pink group: cattle, model, final, until, level, April, total, saddle, angel, novel, fossil, metal, couple, cancel, fragile, travel, special, vowel, signal, journal, angle, evil, pencil, local

Math: The purpose to learning multiple strategies is to have another way to check their work. It also develops thinking skills and helps them to persevere.

Tuesday, Sept. 23 pages 97-98 (Students need to solve #5 & #6 using the number line strategy. They begin with the number being subtracted and jumping up on the number line to the total. They may do this in 1000s, 100s, 10s, and even 1s. We attached a piece of graph paper to the homework page to get them started). They can check #5 and #6 with standard algorithm or estimation.

Wednesday, Sept. 24 pages 103-104 (Students need to solve #5, & #6 using the -1 strategy, I will teach them this tomorrow). They can once again check their answer using number line or standard algorithm.

Thursday, Sept. 25 pages 105-106 Check My Progress and solve #8 & 10 using number line or -1 strategy.

Thank you, I enjoy teaching your children, they are great kids and mean a lot to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment